Whether you agree or not, so much of how real estate operates is online now and one of the best way to cast a wide net for showcasing listings or your business is with social media. Through regular posts you can continuously remind your followers that you are their contact for all things real estate. With targeted advertising options you can now select an audience in which you want to promote your message to with the goal of turning cold contacts into warm leads. In some ways, social media is like TV. Don’t fret if everyone isn’t liking every post, but you can rest assured they are seeing them. We all see the same ads on TV, we just don’t have a button to “like” them. It is a similar effect.
Here are 5 tips for you as you plan out your social media efforts:
- Although in personal posts hashtags can oftentimes be used with humor, they can actually benefit you and your business when done seriously. Hashtags make your posts searchable so use care when creating your posts and choose relevant hashtags that will be helpful for users to find your brand. Select either general ones such as #realestate or “realtor” or even get more targeted by doing one for your firm’s name, something location specific like #bostonrealestate or the like. Change them up from time to time to see what may work best for you.
- When you are at a loss for content, try some basics. You can select some of your best testimonials, pick a quote from an industry leader or even highlight an inspirational real estate related saying like “Have someone else pay your mortgage. Buy an investment property.”
- The great news is that social media posting is free and advertising can pretty much be whatever you want your budget to be. The hardest part really is committing some time to get it done on a regular basis. Devise a schedule that works for you or designate a team member to assist you. If you need help above and beyond, you can hire help such as us at Rockhopper Media Group to assist.
- Another great way to push out content is through your own blog. Let your audience again know that you are an expert on all things real estate and even things locally that are relevant. Sometimes you can get overwhelmed on what to write, but generally writing on things such as current real estate trends or statistics, home ownership tips or even local happenings can all be good ideas. The great value with blog posts is multi fold. They add interesting content for your website visitors, you can share them on social media which gives you posting content while it can drive traffic back to your site. Lastly, the more content that you have on your website, the better chance you have at search engines finding it which may help your rankings.
- Cater to the real estate market and industry with your posts. You can always do tips on buying or selling, but also include information on the community including any upcoming events, new businesses or charities. Highlight homes that are new to the market and open houses for the upcoming weekend are both great ideas. Want to really boost engagement? Try holding a contest or a giveaway idea.
Do you need help with social media? Contact us today with questions. We are happy to help.