Aside from having your own agent website, we always recommend doing regular email marketing as we consider it a “business basic.” Email marketing is a low cost way to stay engaged with current and past clients as well as anyone else you may know who could be a potential direct business or referral source. That being said, your list shouldn’t contain just anyone. Be sure to build your list the right way and only include people who know you and would “expect” to hear from you. Buying lists or adding people that never met you will only end up numerous people unsubscribing as you are basically spamming them. Here are a bunch of tips for how to build a good email list.
- Sign up sheets – Distribute at events, open houses or the like
- Collect business cards – Add people who you have met that are warm contacts
- Website forms – Add a signup form on your website to join your list
- Include in snail mail – Ask people to visit your website and sign up for your monthly enewsletter
- Create a blog post and invite people to sign up there. This can even be part of your regular blog article CTA’s.
- Invite people through social media
- Include a link to opt in within your email signature
- Offer downloadable guides on your website. Ask visitors to sign up for your enewsletter when they download the guide
- Promote signing up on your website with a scroll box or pop up as they are harder to miss
- Word of mouth – never underestimate simply asking people who you meet if they would like to receive your regular campaigns to stay on top of real estate market trends.
Building a list is sometimes the hardest part to get going with email marketing. Once you have a good base to start from you can always keep adding to it as time goes on. If you find it challenging to commit to regular email marketing messages to send to your list, feel free to reach out to us at Rockhopper Media Group. We have different email marketing options for you to choose from for whatever fits your needs.