This time of year most everyone partakes in some “spring cleaning” around the house and in their closets. But what about extending your cleaning into your marketing efforts online? One of the best things about marketing these days is how electronic media is not only instantaneous, but once things are launched you still have access to them historically. Here are 5 great tips for cleaning up your social channels in particular.
- Audit your profiles. Take a look at your profiles and profile pages and see that they are all accurate and up to date. Does your bio need updating? Is your logo correctly sized for each media outlet? Is it time to update your head shot from a while back? Keeping current on all of these will help you maintain a fresh and professional image.
- Revisit your goals. It is easy to get busy with your regular course of business with clients, but don’t lose sight of your goals. Revisit them now and see if you are staying on track, meeting them or need to adjust them. Don’t be surprised if goals need to be adjusted as things change in the industry and sometimes this is necessary.
- Measure your social strategy. Take a look at how your efforts are performing. What has been working well and what hasn’t? Are you at least being consistent? This doesn’t need to be too hard of an audit, but just take note of your progress to see if you are on the right track.
- See which channels are working best. Sometimes it is better to focus on fewer channels but more intensely rather than too many and being spread too thin. Especially if you are getting better results on some than others, it may be worth changing up your efforts from one channel to another.
- Study the competition. Choose 3 of your top competitors and study their success. What are they doing? What are they doing that is working? What are they doing well that you aren’t? Give this some good thought as just because they are doing one thing doesn’t mean it is necessarily working. However, viewing the competition is certainly a good benchmark for your own efforts.
Are you interested in assistance with your social media plan – management or advertising? Contact us today and let us help.