Being a real estate agent today is not always easy. There are numerous agents out in the marketplace all vying for a piece of the pie. Now more than ever it is essential that you have a strategic marketing plan to execute so that you remain competitive in your efforts for more business.
Luckily, online marketing can be a very effective solution to target your audience and grow your business. Utilizing some basic tools can have you on the road to success in no time with promoting yourself as an expert real estate resource.
Here are some effective ways that you can leverage online technology for gaining more business and market share.
- Responsive Website. Anyone who is a business in today’s world needs to have their own website. Being found online solidifies your credibility and also provides your customers with a useful tool that they can use 24/7. Your website should be user-friendly, easy to navigate and also be full of good content for the consumer. What does responsive mean? A responsive website means that it can be viewed on any device including a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. With the rise in mobile device usage, having a website that can easily be viewed on all platforms is essential.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization. More and more people are going to Google and beginning to search for agents and real estate. The more content you have on your website that is found by search engines, the higher your website will rank in the results. In the end, the more traffic you get to your site can mean more leads.
SEO is not an exact science due to algorithms and the like, but there are some things you can do as you prepare for your long term strategy. For starters, be sure you have a good amount of content on your site. Consider things that your clients will be searching for in Google and have those words or phrases on your site. As content is king, the more content the merrier. A good plan of attack is to also feature regular blog posts on your site. Industry relevant content that is uniquely written to you is the best way to increase your likelihood of search engines picking up on your site.
- PPC or “Pay-Per-Click” advertising. Another great way to boost your website’s traffic is to invest in a PPC campaign. PPC allows you to bid on keywords and phrases that your target audience may be using in their searches. When users search for these terms, your website comes up as an option. The great thing about these campaigns is they are both targeted and you can also set your monthly budget.
- Email Marketing. We all know that the majority of your business comes from repeat clients and referrals, right? So what better way to keep in regular contact with your valuable sphere of influence than to reach out to them regularly with a quality email marketing campaign. This regular reminder of you being their real estate resource is also an easy way for them to hit “forward” and share with the people who they know. Effective email campaigns are sent at the right amount of frequency and are diverse in rich, useful and interesting content. Many software programs used to execute these campaigns also offer reporting on your campaigns analyzing the amount of opens and click-throughs which is great information.
- Social Media. Who doesn’t love posting comments and getting attention from lots of their contacts? Now that everyone is constantly on their smartphones interacting on social media, it is a great way to communicate about yourself and your business. Facebook advertising options in particular give you the ability to reach above and beyond those who you are directly connected to. Letting both your true personality show as well as providing people with new, industry trends and information is a great way to gain trust as you prove your expertise. Share links to blogs that you post as well as this will drive even more traffic to your site!